What ASTC Provides
Our mission is to help create sustainable high quality experiences for tourists.
In order for our vision to become a reality, we must help transform tourists into stakeholders.
ASTC will endeavor to help the following:
1. Help potential tourists with their trip planning goals with online collaboration.
See our Trip Planning page.
2. Connect tourists to services and localities in order to facilitate more supply, and reduce costs for all. We have over 65 topics to look over, each one with their own unique calendar.
See our Tourism Events & Activities site.
Our @astctour Twitter feed, has over 65 topics to help tourists find their destination.
Our Tourism Twitter Info Index has several lists, and even accounts by state.
Once you become an online Member, we can start up your own Tourism Group to help you network and find more destinations. Just request your own Group and we will make it so.
3. Enable tourists to provide feedback with trip reports and service reviews.
See our Tourists Sub-Forum.
4. Connect stakeholders across states lines to reduce competition, inform tourists, and reduce expenses for all.
5. Facilitate career development for the hospitality and tourism sector.
See our Tourism Category on our Stakeholder Site.
6. We are an Entrepreneur Incubator in our general service area.
We provide free consultation to entrepreneurs to help with organizational model synthesis and strategic planning.
See our our Entrepreneur Incubator page on our Stakeholder Site.
7. Provide opportunities for stakeholders to support and sponsor an organization in a distressed county of our Appalachia region.
See our Adopt an Organization page. (Note, this program is on hold)
Become a online Member and begin networking on our Stakeholder Sub-Forum.
Once you become a online Member, we can start up your own Group to help you network.
8. Increase grassroots empowerment and diffuse the concentration of political power to allow a more democratic process, greater equity, improved implementation, and later sound management of policy that improves tourism experiences, environmental stability, a diversified economy, and the revitalizing of rural Appalachia while preserving small town character.
Please go to our Policy Formation page on our Stakeholder site to learn more.
9. A fair voice of reason with no group think or hidden agendas. Our Guiding Principles and Core Values enable us to have the patience to learn the content of a person's character as we help create dialogue that starts with listening and understanding many different visions, and hopefully ends with everyone's piece of the pie getting bigger.
Appalachia Sustainable Tourism Collaboration would like to be known as a fair organization that identifies market failures and then finds pragmatic solutions to eliminate them.
See our goals for 2023.
See what ASTC is exited about...
Join our online forum and let us know your vision for your community.